The assumption of papal primacy is based on the interpretation of Matthew 16:18-19, “you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church...I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven.”
The Greek word for ‘Peter’ is petros (meaning a small stone), and the Greek word for ‘rock’ is petra (meaning a huge rock or mountain). The Bible clearly shows that Jesus Christ is the ‘Rock’ upon which the church was founded (1 Corinthians 10:4; 1 Peter 2:4-8; Psalm 118:22; Isaiah 28:16). Jesus is referring to Himself and He taught that He was the rock-petra which the Church was founded and that Peter-petros was one of the foundation stones. Ephesians 2:20 talks about other foundation stones such as “built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone.”
Acts 4:11-12 reads, “This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the Head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
1 Corinthians 3:11, “For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.” In 1 Peter 2:4-8, Peter himself declares that stone to be Jesus!
Let us examine 5 other points:
1. Peter was married. Matthew 8:14, “And when Jesus was come unto Peter’s house, he saw his wife’s mother laid, and sick with a fever.” The fact that Peter was a married man does not harmonize with the Catholic position that a Pope is to be unmarried. Now, that would be very strange indeed if the first Pope would set such a bad example. 1 Corinthians 9:5 tells us that leaders of the Bride of Jesus Christ were married. “Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord and Cephas?” (Cephas was Peter’s Aramaic name.)
2. Peter would not allow men to worship him. Acts 10:25-26 states, “And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. But Peter took him up, saying, stand up; I myself also am a man.” This is quite different than what Popes do.
3. Peter did not place tradition on a higher level than the Bible. Peter had little faith in the traditions from your fathers. 1 Peter 1:18 says, “For as much as ye know that we were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation...”
4. Peter was not the Pope, for he wore no crown. Peter explained in 1 Peter 5:4, that when the chief Shepherd shall appear ye shall receive a crown of glory that shall not fade away, consequently since Christ has not yet appeared, the crown worn by the Popes is not one bestowed upon them by Christ.
5. Peter never acted like a Pope, never dressed like a Pope, never spoke like a Pope, never wrote like a Pope, and people never approached him as a Pope because Peter was never a Pope. All honor and attention was directed solely towards Jesus Christ.
The startling facts remain that the Popes through their secular agents (governments and secret societies) and Jesuit assassins have killed people who won’t submit to their power. The evidence is overwhelming that Hitler made a concordant with the Vatican that if Germany won WWII, the world would have been Catholic. Eugnio Pacelli, Pope Pius XII, better known as Hitler’s Pope, was critically instrumental in negotiating a concordant (an agreement between the Holy See of the Catholic Church and a sovereign state on religious matters). Legally, it is an international treaty that helped Hitler and the Nazis rise to power and sealed the fate of the Jews in Europe, as well as weakened the political influence of the Catholic Church in Europe so Catholic members could not try to stop the immoral laws of Germany. In exchange, Hitler stayed out of the internal affairs of the Catholic Church, allowing demon possessed Adolph Hitler to persecute and kill Jews, as well as many Protestants. After the war, the Vatican helped many Nazis escape prosecution. Hitler simply continued as the Pope throughout history had taught by example, being anti-Semitic and dehumanizing the Jews, taking away their property, putting them in ghettos and even killing them. Read the book THE POPE, THE VATICAN, THE HOLOCAUST. My library is filled with historical books on this fact! Arguably over 50 million protestants have been killed by the Vatican through the inquisitions, as well as countless Jews and Muslims. The Crusade wars were Catholic not Christian wars against Muslims and Jews because the Pope wanted Jerusalem for his headquarters and he still does. That is why he backs a two state solution for the Palestinians. Pope Francis is the first Jesuit Pope ever and he is leading the Catholic Church and Europe in an anti-Jewish direction.
The Bible depicts the Revived Holy Roman Empire as a beast or a great monster such as the world has never seen before. A political-military beast guided by a political-religious beast and this Holy Roman Empire is about to appear on the World scene. In Revelation 17:2-5, the Bible describes a beast ridden and guided by a woman. Many bible scholars in the past and present believe this whore riding the Beast is the Catholic Church. Refer also to Daniel 7:8. Evidence seems to point to a Germany led New World Order/Government and the Vatican.
Was Pope Francis trip to Jerusalem about the Catholic people in Israel? No, it was about a political dictator who wants to rule the world. He is backing the Muslims because he wants to divide Jerusalem and move his headquarters there. Jerusalem is the epicenter as the man of perdition fulfills the abomination of desolation, climaxing in the battle of Armageddon.
In 1139, St. Malachi (not to be confused with Malachi Martin), prophesied there would be many popes, from Pope Cellestine II onward, who would reign for about 800 years. Then there would be two more Popes following Pope John Paul II. Many scholars believe Malachi’s prophecy. Let us examine four Catholic Leaders that also believed that the final pope would defect from the faith.
1. In 1226, Francis of Assisi predicted “there will be an uncanonically elected Pope who will cause a great schism. There will be divers thoughts preached which will cause, even those in the different orders to doubt, yea, even agree with heretics, which will cause my order to divide. Then there will be universal dissensions and persecutions.”
2. Bishop Sheen believed this and taught it on national television. After the Darkness states on page 328: “There will come a time of hard trials for the church. Cardinals will be against cardinals and bishops against bishops. Satan will put himself in their midst. In Rome, also there will be big changes. What is rotten will fall, and what will fall must not be maintained. The church will be darkened and the world plunged into confusion.”
3. Malachi Martin’s book, The Keys of This Blood, page 684 states, “At that time Roman Catholics will then have the spectacle of a pope validly elected who cuts the entire visible body of the church loose from the traditional unity and the papacy oriented apostolic structure that the church has hitherto always believed and taught was divinely established. The shudder that will shake the Roman Catholic body in that day will be the shudder of its death and agony, for its pains will be from within itself orchestrated by its leaders and its members. No outside enemy will have brought this about. Many will accept this new regime, many will resist. All will be fragmented. There will be no one on earth to hold the fractionating members of the visible Roman Catholic body together as a living compact organization. Men will then be able to ask for the first time in the history of the church, ‘Where is the visible body of the church Christ founded? But there will be none.”
4. Finally, even Pope John Paul II knew this was coming from the day he entered the position as Pope. He saw the defection and he knew what the secret of Fatima was - that there would be this great apostatizing among the clergy, bishops, cardinals, etc. Since Pope John Paul II figured the prophecy would be true, he did everything possible to keep it from happening in the next Pope selection...So, before his death, he chose 31 new cardinals. There are only 190 Cardinals, and 185 were chosen by Pope John Paul II; only five were not. All these men guaranteed when they voted there would be one more conservative Pope. This would be Pope Benedict XVI...Then the final Pope would reign - and he would bring grievous error into the Catholic Church and faith. He would also reign during the Battle of Armageddon.”
© 2015 World Ministries International